Thursday, August 19, 2010

Production

Today I continued shaping the left side of the garment with the cut out shape from the existing left armhole. I will use this side as the opening to the garment, and also to create some interesting dynamic into the garment sillhouette.

With the excess fabric cut off to shape that left side, I used it to reattach to the right shoulder to join the back and front again.













I then started playing with the material of the skirt, unpicking the back seam which originally had a zip down the side and the train out the back. I started playing around and shaping it into the bottom of the bodice. I like how the waistband curves around the cut out, but the waistband is a bit gross so I think I will be removing it at some point...

No comments:

Post a Comment